Wine Tasting Events
Tastings are an essential part to enjoying wine. After all, you can legitimately taste wine at 8am in the morning! Just like anything, the more you practice the more knowledge you acquire.
We run different types of tastings:
* Bi-annual portfolio tastings (external venue) - where we can show you the range of wines we have taken on for the coming 6 months, pinpointing new discoveries we have made and the latest deals.
* In-store evening tastings - where we focus on something specific; a region, a varietal or a producer that we think worthy of special attention.
* Private tastings – where we arrange a tasting for you as a group of friends/colleagues either in store or open your doors and let us come to you. We can provide everything from glassware and tasting sheets to tables, chairs and the food.
Costs as follows:
* Mon – Weds: Room Hire/Staff £50
* Thurs: Room Hire/Staff £100
* Fri – Sat: Room Hire/Staff £150
* Food £10pp
* Wines – dependent on budget
Collective Wine Buying Nights
Looking at how many customers form buying collectives to achieve the best deals on our bi-annual sales (when we offer 30% off purchases of £1000+), it got me thinking of…
The Buyers Club
The idea is simple, get a group of friends together for an evening’s in-store tasting, 6 – 12 people is an ideal number.
There is no venue charge, everything opened on the evening will go through the till at retail price (with discounts as detailed below!) and we’ll charge £10pp for bread/meat/cheese.
But here’s the exciting part – if the overall spend (excluding food) is £500+ we’ll give 25% off all the wines* sold and tasted and if the collective spend is £1000+, we’ll give 30% off all the wines* sold and tasted on the evening.
*all still wines under £50/bt, otherwise standard loyalty card discounts apply.
To book a Buyers Club Night, please contact Frank or Marta