The Domaine de Guillaman is a wine estate that lies in Gascony on hillsides and has been in the Ferret family for six generations. A passion for the grape has long run in the family: Albert Ferret, the fourth-generation owner, passed on his own devotion to his grand-son Dominique, on an estate that had hitherto been entirely dedicated to the making of armagnac. Dominique entirely revamped the existing 20 hectares of vines, increased the area under cultivation and renovated the wine-making cellar. These major works took more than ten years. The grape varieties now being grown on the estate are predominantly white, in part as they were ones used for making armagnac: Colombard, Ugni Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Gros Manseng and Petit Manseng make up 80% of the vines. The remaining 20%, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon, are used to make rosé and red wines.
The Rouge Tradition is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot and is full of ripe black and red fruits and a touch of chocolate, with soft tannins on the palate.
My wife and I had to open two bottles (separate nights - just in case you thought otherwise!) to see if there may be a difference between bottles. Can't quite put a finger on what it is about the Domaine Guillaman Rouge (Merlot-Cabernet) but it is not, to us, a smooth drinker. There seems to be a bit of heat when in the back of the throat. The wine isn't totally unpleasant, otherwise it would have received less stars, but we don't normally put a cork back into a bottle of wine to save for another day.
Enter your discount code here
✔️ Discount code found, it will be applied at checkout.
Discount code cannot be applied to the cart.
Please provide a valid discount code.
Discount code cannot be combined with the offers applied to the cart.